For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

- Mosiah 3:19

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The struggle continues

I wonder why I am not humble enough to admit that I can do nothing of my own accord. I continue to struggle. But I am resolved to examine the source of pride and overcome it.

1 comment:

  1. I think the first step of the 12 step programs is to admit that one if powerless over ones addictions. I had/have an extremely hard time with that step as well. No wonder I never completed a 12 step program. I couldn't make it over the first! I know it's pride, but I've always been taught that with enough work and self mastery, I could overcome anything.

    Maybe it's semantics or truly a lack of humility on my part. I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete